Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

     The Holidays are here again, and from now until New Years I tend to perceive time as a whirlwind.  This is the way it always seems to me.  I wonder what will happen if I try a new angle on it?  Last year I was ill and unable to do any of the things (except the meal) I would normally do.  Our wonderful children and grand children handled everything for me.  I didn't do it and there was no calamity.  I need to remember that.
    I have banned the kitchen Nazi who used to take me over.  She was anxious and wanted everything to turn out right, to the point she barked orders instead of asking for help. It was a job retiring her.  Her presence is not missed.
     Maybe this year I can remember to seek the spirit, and pay less attention to the shoulds and shouldn'ts  that want to steel my serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment