Monday, December 5, 2011

Owning our Pettiness

Every once in awhile I would catch sight of my pettiness. 
    Those moments when: I hoped something bad would happen to someone I was angry with; I judged without knowing anything more than some feeling I experienced; I begrudged someone something I didn’t have; I made others wrong for doing the same things. These thoughts and feelings were peppered throughout my life in many forms. They were snippets of negativity.

It did not take long to notice that when I felt successful at something what followed, a bit behind, was some snippet that seemed to cancel out my good deed; by reminding me of a bad one. It was my own self sabotage routine. My ego was forever telling me how good or bad I was. Until I was able to observe it without taking sides it felt like it was me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment